Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Season Long Predictions/Bets


Alright everyone, I figured I'd have some fun and I would love to hear what you guys have as predictions to start the season. Yes, it is incredibly early to start guessing these things and I will have to wait and weigh the odds until I decide what I will bet on. Oh, and not to mention what transfers go down as well. So what do you guys have to say? Here are my predictions(which will probably change)

Champions: Manchester United
Top Goalscorer: Carlos Tevez
Top Four: Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City
Relegation: Blackpool, West Brom, Wigan

Oh, and I almost forgot the tip of the week! Well, here is how to bet on games to make much better odds than simply betting outright.

Tip Of The Week: Grow your odds. Simply betting on the winner of a match is not a healthy enough return for what you are investing. The system I use is still risky, but when I win, I win big. If I think Manchester United are going to win a game for example, I will bet on them but not simply to win, but by predicting the match outcome. Any exact outcome prediction above 2-1 for the winning team is a minimum of at least 5-1 odds and sometimes much greater. Here are 3 examples I remember perfectly.

1. Last season I thought Utd. had what it took to beat Arsenal by scoring 3 goals, so I bet $1 on 3-0, 3-1 and 3-2 outcomes. They won that game 3-1 in the end and with only $3 in total covering 3 differant scores, I won 33-1 odds giving me a total return of $31 as opposed to betting on them to win, and simply making 1-1 on my money.

2. Another was the Everton/Birmingham game in March. I bet on the halftime score to be 2-1 in Everton's favor along with Everton to score 2+ in the first half as a backup if it ended 2-0, and then both teams to score in case it was 1-1, again, as a backup. Lucky for me it ended 2-1 at half with me gaining returns of $89 off of $4 of bets, with odds of 33-1, 7-1, and 4-1 respectively.

3. Finally, I think everyone who reads this will remember last seasons fantasy dream Nicklas Bendtner at 3.00 or 5.00 units with no other strikers for Arsenal dont you? Well in the match they barely squeezed by Hull, I and many other fantasy players simply knew he would score and Arsenal would win as Hull had a woeful defence and Arsenal fed Bendtner like no one else knew where the net was. Well, I bet one that exact outcome, Arsenal to win and Bendtner to score, with odds of 7-1. I bet $2 and made returns of $16 with almost a guaranteed thing.

In closing, what I'm trying to say is when you are betting, try and grow your odds as much as you can while giving yourself as big of a safety net at the same time. Please let me know what predictions and questions/topics you want me to cover or discuss with you all. Cheers again.

3 comments:

  1. Well done mate...an additional brain is always handy.

    Hans_India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Champions: Chelsea
    Top Goalscorer: Drogba
    Top Four: Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City
    Relegation: Blackpool, WBA, Newcastle

    I like your Tevez top goalscorer and very tempted to go each way on it depending on odds.

    BigRon

    ReplyDelete